Sunday, December 7, 2014

December Blog Carnival

This month, I'm hosting the Reach To Teach Teach Abroad Blog Carnival, a monthly series that focuses on providing helpful tips and advice to ESL teachers around the globe.

The topic this month is "What are the most endearing/hilarious English mistakes your students have made?"

Check out the responses from teachers from different parts of the world!  If you’d like to contribute to next month’s Blog Carnival, please get in touch with Dean at dean@reachtoteachrecruiting.com, and he’ll let you know how you can start participating!

Rebecca Thering:
Crack a Smile with Some ESL Student Drawings
What do turkeys, families, a death note, and Real Madrid all have in common? They all appear in my carnival post this month! So stop on over and enjoy some photos of drawings and projects made by my elementary Korean students. You might even crack a smile! 
About Rebecca:  I’m a Wisconsin native who has recently finished a year teaching English at a rural elementary school in South Korea. My Spanish skills weren't quite as useful there as they were when I lived and taught in Madrid, which is where my Spanish nickname Rebe (Ray-bay) stuck. I have an itch to travel, learn, teach, and read—and to make the world a better place!


Dean Barnes:
Grammar and Spelling Mistakes
I was asked this month to write about the common grammar mistakes of my students, however I haven’t been a teacher for some time so I thought I would flip the mirror around on us adults. Below is a photo essay covering some funny and common spelling mistakes that adults have made. If we as adults cant get it right, then how do we expect our students to?
About Dean:  My name is Dean, I have been traveling for around 4 years now with a small stint back in my home country. I’m from the UK and I began my teaching career on the island of Bali. I then made the move to Taiwan where I currently reside. Here I have the joy to fulfill my passion for writing by providing ESL/travel related articles to the Reach To Teach website.


Holly Beddome:
Pint-Sized Sources of Joy and Humour
Kids all around the world can be mighty cute. Throw in an adorable accent and full-time interaction with 'em and you're sure to witness priceless moments and stories you'll want to remember for a lifetime. Teaching ESL is by no means a picnic of a job, but falling in love with such hilarious, strange, cute, unpredictable and happy humans certainly helps make the struggle worthwhile. This post is sure to make you smile.
About Holly: Holly was bitten by the travel bug in her early teens and has long since rejected the idea of spending her entire life in Canada! She loves to read good books, flail about on the dance floor, and form new friendships, and documents cityscapes and the natural world around her through the lens of a camera. Having volunteered in Honduras, backpacked around Southeast Asia and studied in Australia in the past, she now calls Seoul home for the next year. Her plans: eat ALL of the kimchi, hike ALL of the mountains, form incredible memories and friendships, and hopefully have a positive impact on her students’ lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment